March 19, 2020
Customers and Business Partners of The Carpet Studio,
For over 8 years, we have had an ongoing commitment to our COR Health and Safety program, focusing on physical safety and hygienic and safe indoor environments that support the wellbeing of people where they work. Certainly, at no point in the history of this program, has it ever had so much meaning and required such urgency, as we are globally unified in the efforts to stop the continued spread of COVID-19. The Carpet Studio will continue to be fully committed to the health and well-being of our employees, customers, business partners, and the community in general.
For our employees, we have taken measures to ensure all our employees are in the safest work environment possible.
- We are being as flexible as we can to balance the safety of our employees, the personal stresses, as well as the need to keep the business available to fully service our market. Our first priority is to ensure all governmental and WHO (World Health Organization) recommendations and requirements are followed. Second, we are focused on minimizing potential exposures through “social distancing” in the work environment. We have taken steps through all departments and functions to mitigate the risk of exposure. Regular daily cleaning of all common surfaces takes place to minimize the risk of contamination.
In addition to this, we have asked our sales team and installation crews to follow the below criteria when entering or working in a customer’s home or commercial jobsite:
- Ask customers these 4 questions:
- “Are you experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms?”
- “Have you been in contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?”
- “Have you travelled in the last 14 days?”
- “Is there any reason I should not come into your residence considering the COVID-19 pandemic?”
- If you or your helper(s) are sick, even with just a common cold, stay home.
- Practice social distancing (6 feet), this includes not shaking hands.
- Politely ask customers which washroom you may use to wash your hands.
- Wash hands regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds and rinse thoroughly.
- While moving furniture, wear clean work gloves to avoid contact.
- Avoid touching your face.
- When on commercial locations, adhere to site specific protocols for COVID-19 as detailed in jobsite safety orientations.
- Please continue to practice all the preventative measures outlined by the Province of Alberta and WHO.
Because experts believe the COVID-19 virus is transmitted through human contact, public health officials recommend reducing unnecessary face-to-face meetings. We will honor our commitment to our customers and business partners by adapting to the evolving circumstances on how it is best to engage with you. Our showroom will remain available for our clients to make private selections.
- We are continuing to operate in line with Government and WHO policy and guidance and we will be sensitive and allow our customer(s) to determine their level of comfort with person to person interaction at this point.
- We encourage the use of available technological tools to do meetings and necessary communications limiting wherever possible personal contact during this time.
While our operational practices may have been adjusted, our business activities and commitment to work with you remain fully operational. Our business facilities are fully operational as well as our ability to install what we sell. As noted above, our sales team and installation crews have been given protocols on how to conduct themselves in keeping with the sensitivities of our new environment.
Our advance preparations have put us in a solid position to fulfill any and all of our customer’s needs. Our product availability is excellent, and we look forward to servicing you during this difficult and uncertain time and in the future once this challenging period is over. Thank you for your continued support and know that we remain committed to our “enhanced” Health and Safety Program.
Marty van Keulen