BEFORE INSTALLATION BEGINS
- Unless otherwise specified, the customer is responsible for movement of all contents, furniture and appliances before the installer arrives.
- If the installer is moving furniture (must be purchased), the customer is responsible to remove all breakable and loose items (such as bedding, drawer/shelf contents, lamps, vases, toys, etc.) and must disconnect and remove all electronics (TVs, computers, etc.) before the installer arrives.
- Our subcontractors cannot disconnect or reconnect gas appliances, dismantle or move aquariums, pianos or pool tables. Alternate arrangements will need to be made by the customer.
- If the customer is removing exisiting flooring:
- Unless otherwise discussed, remove all exisiting layers of flooring, down to the subfloor, leaving it completely exposed
- Remove any residual staples, adhesive and ensure the subfloor is flat, smooth and dry to receive new flooring
- Leave all existing tack-trip (aka smooth edge) for new carpet installations
- Sweep or vacuum the area
- Hardsurface products will be delivered 24-72 hrs prior to installation to acclimatize. Product cannot be placed in the garage during this period.
- The customer is responsible to provide adequate heat, power, light, humidity and ventilation 72 hrs prior and throughout the duration of the installation.
- If you have any concerns, questions or need to reschedule your installation, please contact your sales representative as soon as possible to discuss.
Note: The Carpet Studio strives to meet all timelines discussed; however, we do not have control over back-orders, shipping delays and/or manufacturing issues of our vendors. The duration of your installation is based on the inital scope of work; however, renovations do not always go as planned. The possibility exists for a delay, resulting in the potential for your installation date and/or timeframe to be changed.
- Unless otherwise arranged, installers arrive in the morning between 8:00 – 10:00am.
- To correct unforeseen floor surface defects, not apparent during the time of measure, additional charges may be required after the installation has begun.
- Changes to floor thicknesses will affect existing baseboard and door trims, paint, cabinets, appliances, doors, etc.
- Scuffing of baseboards and wall paint may occur during baseboard and/or carpet installation. The Carpet Studio will attempt to minimize any damage but cannot guarantee against such occurrences. Caulking and paint touch up is not included.
AFTER INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE
- We strongly recommend holding on to any extra material leftover after installation for future maintenance. Return of product must be authorized by your sales representative. A restocking fee and freight charges to return to the supplier will apply.
- If an e-mail address is provided, floor care and maintenance information will be e-mailed after the job is complete and invoiced. Product care and warranty information is also available at any time on the applicable manufacturer’s website.
- Acceptable forms of payment are: personal cheque, Visa, MasterCard, bank debt card, cash or Interac e-transfer (please send to email@example.com).
- The Carpet Studio warrants, in accordance with industry standards, the installation of sold product for a period of one (1) year from the original date of installation. The Installation Warranty is provided to the original purchaser and is subject to care and maintenance as per the manufacturer terms and conditions. The original purchaser is required to inform The Carpet Studio of any concerns with the installation within the one (1) year term. Issues reported after the one (1) year term will be subject to service fees.